Saturday, June 12, 2010

2010 Race For the Cure ...

Welp ...
We ladies of the YSC did it again this year. I'll share pics as soon as I get them.
We had such a fun/funny time. Silas walked nearly ALL of the 5K. It was astounding. The moments that he didn't walk, Jake (the husband of a cancer-club girlfriend) had him chasing some dude in a bee costume. He, literally, asked every police officer at every corner, "Excuse me, Officer ... have you seen The Bee?" They all seemed really perplexed. We all had a good laugh. Jake continued to chase down "The Bee" with Silas throughout the duration of the walk.
It's amazing to me that this walk has become commonplace to us ... like we're just meeting up for brunch.
It was, simply, another moment in our lives that we wanted to face. A moment that makes us feel like we're making a difference.
I didn't raise money. I just did the walk. At this point, that's about all I can contribute, unfortunately.
But, some of the gals raised lots of money. Kudos to you ladies!!!!! Julie, you ROCK!
I'm astounded by how much these women of the YSC continue to contribute to the cause. I'm astounded that there are so many OTHER causes (outside of BC) that everyone supports. Be it children's causes, animal causes, etc. It just slays me.
There is no better place to be than in a place where you witness women, that have faced their own deaths, rise up and grab their fears by the balls and say "Hey there! I'm gonna make you my bitch."
It's unbelievably inspirational.
I don't know what will come to be ... for all of us. But, I do know that it is such an inspiration to see all of these ladies move on from their battle with "The Beast" and become such strong women.
It's astounding.
xoxo,
Anna

No comments: