Monday, June 7, 2010

Beautiful and tragic day ...

Yes, yes it's true. My Mama got her results from her recent PET scan. And ......... she is as clean as a whistle. It was another long wait for our family. Another week-long wait.
But, she has "No Evidence of Disease."
I couldn't be more thrilled. My family's hearts are at rest knowing that we can ride out the next 6 to 12 months knowing that she is A-Okay. We're celebrating this awesome news.
Unfortunately, the other side of my family got some tragic news today. My Step-Mama's sister, for some reason unbeknownst to her family, took her own life this morning. So tragic, in itself. But, add to that her (my step-Mama's) twin brother, also, took his own life nearly ten years ago makes for one of the greater heartbreaks anyone in my fold has had to deal with. My heart breaks her. Breaks for their family that shouldn't have had to deal with this situation once ... not to mention twice.
"N" is holding her own. Heartbroken but strong.
I spoke with their mother tonight ... my "step-Grandmother."
She sounded so strong and thankful for all the support that they have been given. She said that she was finding strength through The Lord.
What a gracious woman.
I cannot imagine having lost two children. It doesn't make sense.
I will spend tonight being thankful that I'm here. I'll spend tonight being thankful that my child is here. I'll spend tonight being thankful that my Mama (and the rest of my family and friends) are doing well.
I'll spend tonight reflecting ...
xoxo
Anna

No comments: