Sunday, June 20, 2010

Little bit of Pappy love ...

Whelp.... Today is Fathers Day. I happen to have been born to one fine, fine man. My father has always been the guy that will tell the funniest jokes, hug you the hardest, drink you under the table, and back you up INFINITELY ... if he knows you're in the right. I've learned so much from this man. I grew up doing EVERYTHING that my brother did, as my father didn't look at me as "merely" a woman. I was his child. My vagina didn't did get in the way of the many opportunities and experiences that a father, generally, shares with a son. Nope ... not him.
My father was stern, but loving. He can cook like no other. Dad can still get up on a water ski and slalom (bad ass). My father can out-dance ANYONE I know. He has this ability to talk me off of the ledge if I'm in panic mode ... and that's pretty rare for me, of late.
He has been, and will continue to be, one of my heroes and best friends.
I am so, so blessed.
We love you Pappy. To the moon and back!
xoxo
Anna

No comments: