Monday, June 7, 2010

And, a bit of fabulous news...

My beloved E-Beth came to visit me at the salon today, as her hair was ready to be "colored." And, color it we did. The same beautiful copper-red that we have done in the past. For some reason, it seemed brighter today. I don't know if it was because her hair has come back a bit lighter or what. In any case, she looked gorgeous.
She's faring well. Because of all the recent invasive surgery, her surgeon wants her to wait a few more weeks before she begins treatment. The wait is hard for her, certainly. I know she would just like to get on with it ... especially considering that she has spent nearly 2 months chasing a ghost. There was no cancer there.
So, she is waiting gracefully. I could never be that graceful.
Soon she will begin Ontak. She's done it before. At least, she knows what to expect. And, she responds extremely well to this treatment, despite the icky side-effects.
I just hate that she has been made to chase and worry about something that was never there.
Time wasted. Or was it?
But, the unexpected outcome of her being clear of cancer makes up for it ... in some weird way.
Love you, my girl.
xoxo
Anna

No comments: