Monday, July 14, 2008

Mama's here ...

  Good evening.  Had a wonderful weekend and night.  Mama, Silas, Otis, and I went out to T's beach house as soon as Mama got off the plane.  It was a wonderful weekend.  We lounged, drank, spent time on the beach, drank, laughed, drank, watched "Dirt", drank, laughed, made a fire, drank, ate amazing food, and ...
  Pics to follow.
  Tonight, Mama, Kevin, Silas, and I went to dinner/happy hour with new "My Gays."  You know the boys.  The gorgeous guys we met on July 4th.  I can't really call them "my gays" anymore.  They are my friends now.  I'll call them "The Beauties."  They are all gorgeous, inside and out.  We had a wonderful dinner.  The boys are going on vacation and have decided to do the "Gay Diet."  This means that they are not drinking until they get to Lake Chelan.  I was thrown by this ... but, talked them into sharing cocktails on the "girls' night" that Mama and I are planning on Saturday.  It, I'm sure, will prove to be an amazingly fun evening.  They are TOO kind to break the rules so that we can all make fools of ourselves.  We're gonna dance like fools and drag Mama outta The Cuff by her cane.  Mama and me partying at a gay bar.  Fitting.  We're so excited.
  In closing, if you didn't read the previous post, Jayme passed on Friday.  Jayme's only child is turning 5 on Wednesday, I think.  Her dear friend, and a fellow Young Survival Coalition member, Danica flew to be by her bedside.  Danica ended up with a rare side-effect of chemo:  leukemia.  Danica got chemo on Thursday (last week), got on a plane right after treatment, and flew to be with Jayme and her family.  Danica, not even considering her own treatment, was there helping the family ... namely, Kody, Jayme's young child that will NEVER see his mother again.  Danica was with Jayme when she died.  Danica held her hand and talked to her during the process that we all NEVER talk about:  The dying process.  Danica has 3 children, she's in debt, she is just as afraid of death as any of us.  But, she put all of that aside to support her dear friend.  Danica will ALWAYS be one of my true heros.   What an amazing woman.
  Those of you reading this know my story.  I know that you know what we, as breast cancer patients, go through.  Danica needs to find a donor ... a bone marrow donor.  She's selfless.  That is why she deserves to have all the help in the world.  She has 3 children that need a Mama to be there for them for a long time.  If you can find the time/courage, e-mail me or talk to your doctor about being a bone marrow donor.  I CANNOT DO THIS, AS I'VE HAD CANCER.  I'd do it every day of my life if I was able.   But, I would LOVE to find a donor for Danica.  No member of her family has ended up being a match.  She is obviously a selfless and beautiful woman.  Please help us find a match.
xoxo
Anna
p.s. just tried to upload all my great photos and it didn't work.  Damned computers.


No comments: