Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Weekend ...









  I Gotta blog about soul-mates, as I've got a few.  I have a great group of lady friends that happen to have been "blessed" with cancer.   We gals got together this past weekend for a hen party.  I cannot tell you how much fun we had.  We rented a beautiful, and huge, house on the Hood Canal here in Washington state.  We wanted to have a girl's weekend.  We had many bedrooms, many porches, a hot tub, and a pebble beach down below.  We were out in the middle of nowhere ... as we had wished.
  I can't imagine describing this weekend to you and getting my true emotions across.  It would be impossible.  We had the MOST wonderful time.   A bunch of breast cancer survivors drinking and eating way too much.  We are ladies with one/two/no boobies.  Some are real, most are not.  We are living life as cancer survivors, some of which have "no evidence of disease" and some of which have metastisized to stage 4.  Those of us that are considered to have "no evidence of disease" may find out tomorrow that our cancer has metastisized.  It's common.  It's not lost on us.  And we're prepared.  We'd be in amazing company.
   So, we're all trying to live our "new normal."
   It was a blast.  We laughed so hard that our bellies hurt.  We drank so hard that I, personally, ended up with a cheese-puff stuck to my face upon waking up one morning.  I, now have a scab on my jaw where said cheese-puff molded itself to my skin.  I had to peel the damned thing off in the morning and I've been bleeding ever since.
   Nacho hit her head on the fridge door on Saturday night and none of us could figure out how we could get her to a medic, as none of us could drive.  Plus, we had absolutely NO clue where we were ... exactly.  We were in the middle of nowhere.  I mean, I could tell the 911 operator, "we're somewhere on the hood canal (which runs a couple hundred miles).  There is water (duh) and trees (brilliant) and a bald eagle flew over our heads this morning (we could have been doing acid, at this point).  Isn't that coooooollll!"  She would have chalked it up to a bunch of drunk high schoolers.  Luckily, Nacho's pupils looked fine after we, the experts, checked them out.  We loaded her head with ice and settled in to watch The Breakfast Club.   I ended up sleeping on the deck with K-Dawg  - on an air mattress - watching the moving from outside, just so that we could fall asleep under the stars.  Unfortunately, the air mattress got sick of the air and I woke up on a hard wooden deck.  My hip has a huge bruise.  AND, tonight, I still have this damned scab on my face where that frickin' cheese-puff slept.  Kevin is calling me "Scarface" and strangers are staring at me, as the thing tends to bleed alot ... when I am not aware.  Oh well.  I'm glad to gain this new patch.  I'm like a Girl Scout ... without the cookies
xoxo
Anna
  

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks and sounds like you had a blast. You all certainly deserved it.

Hope the cheesepuff wound heals soon. Cheesepuff stigmata-- that's a new one! Only you, m'dear!