Wednesday, July 30, 2008

We're moving ...

This pictures reminds me that moving isn't a big deal ... even though we've had to do it twice within the past 10 months.   30 to 48 hours of labor ... bringing your child into the world...  is a big deal.  I'm sure you can tell from the pic that I'd not slept in, nearly, two days.  The big deal is our son.  He's the reason that we make the decisions that we do.  We'll have a quaint mother-in-law apartment in one of my agent's homes.  She is ALWAYS looking out for me.  So, when we got bombarded, AGAIN, with medical bills, she came-a-calling.  
We'll be living in the Phinney Ridge neighborhood.  We'll have a gorgeous backyard/garden.  Mosey and I can walk up to the zoo.  We'll be living at the end of a long dead-end street:  no traffic.  This is key, as Silas has inherited the Accident Prone gene from me.
  We've made many new friends up here on Capitol Hill.  We'll keep them in the fold.  But, it's time to move on.
  I want to have a garden party, once we get settled.  I think it would be ideal to call it The Summer's Eve Party.  Douche references are ALWAYS fun.  Sorry Mama and Dad.   I'm your child, so it's your fault that I'm brash.  I can ONLY imagine what Silas is gonna throw at me when he's my age.  Holy Hannah.
  Night, night my sweets.
xoxo
Anna

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey there! Not sure if you remember me but we were preggo at the same time (I saw you drinking a fake beer and felt instant kinship!). My hubby Dave is a friend of Troy's...I love how raw and real your writing is. I have sent many good juju's your way in the past couple of years. Silas is handsome indeed! Nice to blog-see-you!

Dorcas Anna Warren said...

Heck yeah! That's right ... was it at The High Dive? Thanks for the vibes. Hope the babe and Dave and yourself are all doing well. Hopefully, we'll be able to let the boys meet up one day.
xoxo
Anna

Unknown said...

Hope the move goes/went smoothly!

It's about time for me to come in and see you again. We'll get caught up on everything soon, I hope!