Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Inauguration Day!!!!






Well, the time has come ... FINALLY. Change is upon us and it seems, after seeing the nearly 2 million people at the inauguration, that this is long overdue. I've never seen a crowd that large. I've never seen a crowd of a hundred people be that still and present and quiet. It was amazing. Silas and I sidled up to the TV. I had a mimosa, he had a an OJ spritzer. Sandi, Jeff, and Rob dropped by for a while to celebrate. An amazing, amazing day.
I was not a fan of the poem read at the inauguration. I'm sure the poet is brilliant, but the poem didn't, to me, capture the magic of that moment. The benediction, however, was amazing. It was truly inspiring AND funny ... imagine that: a sense of humor in the midst of a political venture. Brilliant.
xoxo
Anna

No comments: