Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Our new neighbors...


It's hard to tell from this pic, but we have a huge family of raccoons living in a huge evergreen in our backyard. We've known that they are there, as we have seen the "march of the raccoons" here and there. But, they were out last night in full force. This pic is grainy. But, that raccoon was only about 12 feet away from me at one point and the guy is like 2 or 3 times the size of Hank, my cat. If you know Hank, you know he's not a small creature ... that is, if you've been able to get a glimpse at my sweet, but feral boy.
In any case, I went back out tonight, and "Big Boi", as I'm calling him, was back out. He sat on a limb a few feet away from me while I chatted with him. I'm sure he's telling all the raccoon friends that they should be lucking that they aren't crazy like that bald-ish lady that talks to the trees.
xoxo
Anna

No comments: