Thursday, January 15, 2009

Wonderful time back "home"







My camera could only hold so many pics. So, these were from the first two days back home. They are of Silas' plane trip and visits with Pop, Uncle Josh, Aunt Tracy, and Nonnie.
I cannot tell you how much that trip meant to us. We were able to spend time with one of the most amazing families that anyone will EVER meet. Those people rally like no other. My family has flown 3,000 miles ... regularly ... to help out with all of our "situations." We're blessed.
We spent our time at a Monster Truck Rally, a Bass Fishing Tournament (which Uncle Josh won ...HOLLER!), chatting with Aunt Tracy's Jr. High School class, riding 4-wheelers, drinking way too much beer, playing with Angi, Matthew and the kids, loving on Grammy and Pop, spending time with Nonnie and Wilson, running around and planning stuff with Aunt Allie, spending endless nights on Pappy and Grandmama's porch, and (again) knowing how much we are loved and how much we love.
It was an amazing visit. It was a perfect time for me to be there with family. I lost a dear girlfriend while I was there ... far away from Seattle. So, I had great support.
After getting back here, I got to spend a night (on Tuesday) with women that mean THE WORLD to me. I cannot imagine being anywhere else that night. The young survivors had group ... we reflected on the loss of an amazing woman ... and C (the leader of the group) lit a candle. Tears, words, and laughs made it perfect.
Miss you General.
xoxo
Anna

No comments: