Thursday, July 23, 2009

Friendship...

Just pulled out the dictionary, as I was curious to know what the "official" definition of many words that are meaningful to me right now might be.
This is what I've read:
FRIEND: 1. a person attached to another by affection or regard. 2. a patron: supporter. 3. A PERSON WHO IS NOT HOSTILE. 4. (cap) a member of the Society of Friends; Quaker.
TRUTH: 1.the true or actual state of a matter. 2. conformity with fact or reality. 3. a verified or INDISPUTABLE fact, proposition, etc. 4. the state or character of being true.
LIE: 1. a false statement with DELIBERATE intent to deceive. 2. to tell a lie 3. to bring about or AFFECT by lying.
REALITY: 1. The state or quality of being real. 2. A real thing or fact. 3. Real things, facts, or events as a whole.

All of these terms can, very well, go hand in hand ... depending on the situation.
I find them to be very, very pertinent right now in my life.
They are words that play off of the word "honor", in my mind. A beautiful word.
xoxo
Anna

No comments: