Friday, July 17, 2009

Nice...

Well, the probing went just fine. My esophogus looks just fine. No ulcers were found. However, there is an area of "redness" that the doc biopsied along with a portion of my upper small intestine. Great. Now, I have to wait 7-10 days to see what we've got going on down there. The waiting is the worst. Always has been. So, we'll soon see what we're dealing with. Damned yard gnome has, probably, planted a damned rose garden in my upper-GI tract. Sneaky little fucker.
The Coyote Rep workshop kicked off today in NYC. I noticed, on Facebook, that an old pal quoted something that I've written here, that is apparently in the show: "Soulmates are the new black." I had forgotten about ever writing that. It's amazing how ones life morphs in such a short amount of time, but that phrase still holds true.
We've all met one/several/many people that are willing to befriend or accept us in spite of ourselves ... and we them. Be it family or friend, they will remind us of how to use what we possess to make ourselves better people. They will be the soul mates that we can go to when we feel like there is no way we can trudge forward. They will accept our many faults and still love us in spite of ourselves. They will fight for us no matter what befalls them. They will, after the storm, still be standing there to share their hearts, home, their umbrella, and soul. And, they will ALWAYS be the people that remind us that we've weathered the storm as honest and true friends ... They will help us become better people and we them.
I'm blessed to have known, in my short life, the many family members and friends that I can call my soul mates. It's always a work in progress. But, one thing holds true: Those that stand in the midst of the eye of the hurricaine, for those they love and respect, have hearts larger than the hurricaine itself.
xoxo
Anna

No comments: