Wednesday, July 15, 2009

The play is ON...

So, I talked to my dear friend Donetta who is workshopping a play in New York about my breast cancer experience. She has taken much of the writing from this blog and my other personal experiences with this disease and in life and started the beginnings of a play that will begin being workshopped this weekend in NYC with Coyote Rep. Better yet, one of my dear girlfriends/mentors, the asteemed Joy Vandervort-Cobb, will be flying up to NYC from Charleston to direct the show once it moves into a more "workable" position. Joy is one of the most talented directors/writers/actors/professors/friends that I've ever know. These two women have helped paved the way for many women in not only African American theatre but in the theatre world in general. They are my dear, dear girlfriends and are brilliant colleagues. They've been an amazing support in my cancer experience and continue to be the true, true friends that I've know and loved all these years. I'm very, very blessed to have them in my life.
I'll be conferencing via telephone with Donetta and the cast during rehearsal on Sunday in NYC. I'll keep you posted.
xoxo
Anna

No comments: