Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Welcome home Xander/Sasha

He's here. He's home. And he is amazing!
Xander and his Mama and Papa made it back to Seattle this afternoon. He was called "Sasha" at the Russian orphanage that he called home, since his birth.
I got off of work and headed over to the house to check in and meet my new nephew.
He is a love. He is gorgeous. A little 2 year old "shy" guy that, in 15 minutes, comes out of his shell. And, oh, how he shines. He absolutely adores Robin and Noel ... Mama and Papa.
I was lucky enough to get some one on one time with him: smelling his "stinky feets" as he laughed. He loves phones. As a child that has just left an orphanage, he's not been accustomed to playing with others' phones. So, he was using remote controls and Rob's cell phone to chat ... in Russian. So, I got a call from Kevin and he was able to actually hear, for the first time, someone chatting back. Silas and Kevin spoke to him and he was eating it up. It was adorable. They had no clue what he was babbling about, but it didn't matter. It was beautiful. And they loved it as much as he.
To hear "Mama ... Papa" in Robin and Noel's house choked me up. They've gone through so much to find their son. For years. After meeting this little critter, I can tell you that he was meant for them. I've spent years upon years in their home. When I walked in and saw him on Robin's lap, it was as if he'd been there the whole time.
He was meant to be. And he is wonderful ...
And I am so thankful to God/Buddha/Allah for bringing him to them. And vice versa. Fit like a glove, those three.
He has no idea, at this moment, how blessed he is to have them.
But, he will.
And, I am so thankful to see this woman, that was there THE ENTIRE WEEK of my biopsies and diagnosis, bring home the light of her life.
Here's to you Noel, Robin, Sasha/Xander O'Flaherty. We love you ... positive infinity.
xoxo
Anna

No comments: