Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Night watching one of those lock-up shows...

Okay, I'm not sure why I'm into this damned nonsense, but I am. If I see one of the reality prison shows where the camera is in the prison or in the jail-house where those idiots get "booked", I cannot change the channel. Well, only if a commercial comes on. But, then I'm back to that show that shows trannies getting booked for hooking with the guy who "did not know" that "she" was, actually, a man. Please: and I'm Mother Teresa. I know that I should find better things to do with my time. I should read a book, or stop drinking wine, or steal a hybrid car and make it my own. But, that ain't gonna happen. Not when Sgt. Schmitz is gassing the guy in the super-duper-lock-up cell for smearing his own excrement on windows and other officers and such. THAT, my friends, is good TV.
I just don't get it. I don't consider myself to be too terribly stupid OR bored. I KNOW there are folks out there that would disagree...
I think that people that like these sorts of shows must be the same folks that like to smell things that people say, "Holy shit! That's horrible. Do not, for the love of sweet Axl Rose ... do NOT smell that!" And then, of course, they cannot help themselves. They move toward said object. Leery, but with inner excitement.
I, admittedly, am one of these people. It's been a curse all of my life. AND, it doesn't have to be a surprise or anything investigative like that. If you put a piece of roadkill in front of me that had been boiling on asphalt for a week, I'D STILL GO AND SMELL IT! I'm digusting.
How in the name of God I got onto this, I do not know. But, I know I loves me some lock-up shows. Oh, and the shows where they actually interview gay and lesbian couples that have become couples in prison are so, so great. It's like this terrarium-o-love. You know: love in their natural habitat.
Beautiful!
xoxo
Anna