Sunday, October 4, 2009

Drink Beyond the Pink was a HUGE success...






Preliminary counts are in. At this (early) count, we raised upwards of $8,600.00 last night at the DBTP event. To say that this event was spectacular would be a huge understatement. The evening was magical. The pics shown here are from early in the day when were beginning the set-up. There will be more to come.
I've never been a part of an event where the planning, set-up, and follow-through ran like a perfectly oiled machine. Last night was the first time that I experienced this. It was, simply, magical. The girls of the YSC proved, as usual, to be an amazing sisterhood and partnership. These ladies were ON FIRE!
Havana was PACKED ... to capacity, I imagine. We were so blessed to have so many people come and bid on EVERY single auction item. And there were a TON. Raffle tickets were being bought left and right. The caterer, Neil from Eleanor's Catering, was a doll and they donated all the food. My pals Sandi and Jeff were AMAZING DJs. And the staff at Havana was simply stellar.
I cannot imagine this event going any better than what was experienced last night ... unless someone would have chosen to do an impromptu strip-tease. I would have, but I had MC duties ... along with Kevin. If I'd done that, I would have cleared that place in a heartbeat. Seeing as how we needed people there to bid, it's probably best that I kept the ol' clothes on.
We did a tribute to our K-Dawg and raised a shot of Patron in her honor. She was missed ... terribly. But, on my way to the event (as soon as I cranked my car) a Tom Petty "marathon" was on the radio. I had to laugh. If that's not a sign that she was with us, I don't know what would have been...
There will be more pics to follow ... as soon as the other ladies wake up from their "fog."
Thanks to all that participated and came to this first-annual event. If the first went this well, I cannot imagine what the years to come will provide.
xoxo
Anna

No comments: