Thursday, October 1, 2009

I talk to The Dawg when there is no one to talk to...




I have to admit that losing a dear girlfriend has been harder than I thought I ever expected. I don't know WHAT I expected. But, it's quite the blow. The aftermath after losing a dear pal is never easy. And, sometimes, the reverberation is deafening.
I find myself talking to that Sweet Girl, nearly, every night while sitting in our beautiful garden. It's so peaceful and lush. It's quiet. And, it's gorgeous. All things that exemplify her. I speak to K-Dawg as if she's sitting right there with me: about my life, my concerns, my joys, my fears, my ire, and the fact that I miss her terribly and wish she that she were here ... with us ... with her girls ... able to have a bit of a chat with all of us. Just for a moment.
But, unfortunately, we don't have that.
However, we have the memory of her. What we knew of her. And the amazing presence that she was AND still is.
I miss you, terribly, dear girl. Wish you were here to be with us on Saturday.
We'll be raising shots of Patron for you, honey. And, ACDC and Tom Petty are on the DJ's list.
I love you.
xoxo
Anna

1 comment:

Carol Franco said...

Absolutely miss that girl and how much fun she was. She is looking over us though and laughing and crying with us. We will ALL always carry her with us. She knows that we always have her back.