Sunday, October 18, 2009

Update on Mama and Angus...

Well,
The Ol' girl is doing just fine. She's 4 days out and, basically, asked me today, "Is this it?" Other than a headache the day after her treatment, she's as good as gold. Her appetite is just fine and she's not dealing with any nasty side-effects. I cannot tell you how thrilled I am about that. Her treatment ends up being a bit different than mine. She's on a relative of adriamycin in combination with the Cytoxin. But, it seems to be working just fine with her system and she is tolerating it splendidly. I'll keep everyone updated regularly. Thanks so much for all the e-mails and calls to check in on her. It means the world to me and my family.
Angi/Angus/Sister-Cousin had knee surgery on Friday. She's laid up and has to deal with not being able to run around and juggle the three kids. She's doing just fine ... other than some burning in the surgery site. But, it's driving her nuts to have to sit still and let others "do" for her. Matthew is an amazing man and has held the fort down brilliantly, as he always does.
I'm pissed to be so far away when two of my dearest family members/friends are going through all this. They have both flown up here ... incessantly ... for me during all my surgeries and treatments. To not be able to be there for them is quite the downer. A girl can only make those two laugh so many times on the phone before feeling a burning desire to jump through the phone lines and grab them both up and kiss their faces off.
But, alas, I'm here.
Here is fine. Just wish, no matter where I was, it was with the two of them right now.
I love you girls.
xoxo
JR

2 comments:

Coliegirl said...

So glad to hear it, Girl! It's all about the support of loved ones! xo Colie

Dorcas Anna Warren said...

Absolutely! Love you, mama.