Thursday, August 5, 2010

First "new" chemo for E-Beth...

E-Beth had her port placed in her skull on Tuesday. The surgery went just fine. She sounded absolutely fabulous when I spoke to her later that day. Didn't even imagine that I'd be able to chat with her. To say that she is rock star is, again, an understatement. The girl had A PORT PLACED INTO HER DAMNED HEAD. She just told me that she hadn't felt better in WEEKS.
Dear Lord, she is astounding.
Sooooo .... she started chemo today. Her new regiment consists of a chemo called "Depocyte" (I'm sure I'm spelling that wrong) and the usual steroids. Actually, she told the Docs that the Decadron was driving her nuts ... it does that to all of us. So, she asked for a change-up in the steroid treatment. Apparently, she tolerates Prednizone really well. So, that's what she is on right now. Unlike the Decadron, she is able to get a good night's sleep on the Prednizone. It's helping her side effects ... the dizziness and ear issues. And, she is able to relax and not feel like a basket case. Decadron is a beast. I"m the only person that I know of that had absolutely no side effects whilst in treatment and taking the med. It's probably because I'm a spazz. Those sort of meds, sort of, counteract themselves in my system. So, I didn't even know how bad it was until all my girlfriends were chatting about it.
In any case, Our E-Beth is doing great. Still watching the clock to make sure that she beats the timing on the adverse side effects.
But, I imagine that she will be just fine.
Actually, I KNOW she will be just fine.
xoxo,
Anna

No comments: