Sunday, August 1, 2010

Lovely, mellow day ...


Silas and I had a wonderful day. Absolute calm. Absolutely mellow ... and on our own terms. Those days are precious ... especially when they are spent with beloved friends.
We headed over to E-beth's house, with recipe in hand (thank you Nacho), to work our magic in the Kitchen. And by "magic" I mean that I was attempting not to blow the damned house up. I'm fine cooking WITHOUT a recipe. Once I have a recipe in hand, I get all fidgety. Performance anxiety, I guess. And, actually, Silas was more into the Lincoln Logs and the Wee. That helped.
So, while I attempted to recreate this fabulous dish, E-beth and I had a lovely visit. She continues to astound me. She's done that since I've met her. Give it a rest, already, woman! You're making the rest of us look like asses!
Jokes aside: she seems stronger as the days go by.
Her Mama flew in last night. It was funny to see Silas introducing himself to her ... again. I don't think that he remembers the last time he saw her. It was at SCCA ... A few years ago, when E-beth was on chemo and he and I visited. Silas ate "Big Mare's" lunch. "Big Mare" is E-beth's Mama. She was so sweet to hand it over to him after he had already eaten lunch 30 minutes prior .
In any event, She looked great. She sounds even greater. Strong as an ox ... only, prettier.
The picture above is what I would like to imagine will be us in 40 years. Actually, I would like to imagine that this will be any member(s) of the Cancer Club in 40 years. Happy, healthy, thriving, and OLD AS DIRT.
xoxo
Anna

No comments: