Tuesday, August 3, 2010

"The New Normal"...


Whelp ...
The show that my pal Donnetta (to your left) has been working on for a year now is coming to fruition. The actors are lined up in NYC and they will begin rehearsals soon. I think it's best for me to get online and play poker or check out CNN or balance my check book, as opposed to having the obvious panic attack whilst observing ANYTHING theatre related in their area. The show will go up in October. It's pretty amazing that that will be the same week that the YSC SEATTLE will be hosting the Drink Beyond The Pink benefit. Not much surprises me these days ...
I got a call from CBS today ... the NYC affiliate. They wanted some pics and to know if I would be in NYC within the next few weeks for an "on-air" interview. I'm not gonna be in NYC. I let the kind woman know as much. So, Donnetta, you're gonna have to rally, sister.
I'm, also, not really good when I'm live and "on-air."
There's something about that. Many of my actor pals are the same way. I guess that's why we've chosen this path. We're much more comfortable playing a character into which we might dive. Gives us a sense of coverage. We can separate ourselves and such.
Anywhooo.....
I'll try to keep everyone posted on the show in NYC. Miss Donnetta has shared with me that she is sweating from various areas that she never even knew could sweat.
I've told her to let that nonsense go. I've not seen the latest version of her show ... I don't really care to. I trust her, infinitely.
All in all ... This lady took a chance, as an artist, to branch out and work her magic. Seems to me that her (not my) magic is magical!
I trust you, Magic Mama!
xoxo
Anna
p.s. And Thank you, honey ... for the years of friendship, love, and art!

No comments: