Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Lovely song from one of my favorite movies ...



Of all time ...
The Color purple is a favorite of mine. Has always been. I rent it every few months if I cannot find it on TV. Actually, a dear family friend of mine played the character of the mailman that continually passed poor Celie's house and dropped all those letters from her sister that she never received.
But, this song ... this song, is one of my favorite from any soundtrack of my life. It's so strong. So bold. And so, so loving.
Check the video out on youtube. It's fabulous. Following are the lyrics.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hsvK8WCPj1Y



"Sister,
you've been on my mind
Sister, we're two of a kind
So sister,
I'm keepin' my eyes on you
I betcha think
I don't know nothin'
But singin' the blues
Oh sister, have I got news for you
I'm somethin'
I hope you think
that you're somethin' too

Oh, Scufflin',
I been up that lonesome road
And I seen a lot of suns goin' down
Oh, but trust me
No low life's gonna run me around

So let me tell you somethin' sister
Remember your name
No twister,
gonna steal your stuff away
My sister
Sho' ain't got a whole lot of time
So shake your shimmy,
Sister
'Cause honey this 'shug
is feelin' fine"

xoxo
Anna

No comments: