Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"The New Normal" is on its way ...


Got a call yesterday from CBS in NYC to see if I would be able to do a satellite interview at their affiliate, KIRO, here in Seattle about the play that my sweet Donnetta has been working on. They are using the show as an expose about breast cancer around the same time that the New York Race for the Cure happens.
Dear Lord. I'm an actor. But, I'm NOT a "live" on-air talent. All went well. They were so fabulous and kind. But, I'm not the biggest fan of being live on-camera. As an actress, it's fine. As myself, not so much. Most of my actor pals are of the same opinion.
Fast forward to Donnetta's interview some hours after mine ... in NYC:
She had a great time. But, she and I chatted tonight and she felt the same way. What the HELL did we even say???? We don't quite remember. I, personally, remember quietly burping while waiting to go on air ... NOT remembering that while I was alone in a studio in Seattle, I had a damned mic attached to me linked LIVE to New York. Classy, Anna.
Donnetta was on-camera working with the actors on scenes while the crew was there and she was later interviewed. I think she felt a bit overwhelmed as well. Cue Emily: the nose powderer. You rocked her world Miss E! I bit of comic relief always helps.
It's not that we aren't very confident women and actors. But, we ARE ACTORS. That is the biggest difference between us and others that are on the TV daily. They are live on-camera ... as themselves. We, in turn, play characters.
I guess it's a facade that makes it much easier for us to "perform." I have huge respect for people that do this daily. I, simply, could not. I've been asked to before, and was quite fine bowing out. Not my vibe, honestly.
Anywho, the folks at CBS2 in NYC are such fabulous folks.
Thanks so, so much Marissa and Cindy. It was such a pleasure to meet you both and to chat with you both.
I'll be in touch soon with the other "stuffs" that we need to get together.
Thank you CBS for supporting this great show that my dear girl has taken on. Donnetta deserves any and all coverage she can get for simply being the most amazing friend and artist. This is what I've know of her for years. So, so pleased that she is still the same amazing woman.
It's an amazing thing to have dear friends, from years gone by, that still prove to hold such strength, loyalty, honesty, and love.
I'm a blessed lady.
xoxo
Anna

No comments: