Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Back to Civilization...






   Well, we made it back from the beach.  Went to my agent, "T's", beach house in Pacific Beach for the holiday.  It was T, Kevin, Silas, me ... then, her gardener/friend and a dear friend of his joined us on Saturday night.  Dogs abounded.  Laughs abounded.  Food abounded.  SAKE AND WINE ABOUNDED ... AND ABOUNDED ... AND ABOUNDED.  So fun and relaxing.  I feel sorry for the folks working at the recycling place.  They are going to be working overtime for 3 months because of our alcohol intake this weekend.  T's dog Otis seems to have some newfound, bizarre crush on me.  It was quite weird, as he was attached to my hip INCESSANTLY.   In the house, on the beach, in the car.  Just weird.  He and I slept in the same bed to help cure my urge for wanting my own dog.  It didn't help.  Now I want Otis.  I will not stop until I steal her damned dog!
   The Pacific Ocean is gorgeous, I must say.  The beaches or either made of sand or perfectly rounded, brightly colored rocks.  BUT IT IS COLD.  I prefer the Atlantic.  Sorry Left-coasters.  But, to have the ocean in front of you and not be able to jump in - without freezing your genitals off- seems sinful.  If I could have the beauty of the Pacific and the warmth and smell of the Atlantic all in one setting, you'd never see me again.
  In any event, it was a gorgeous weekend.  Kevin and I will be heading up this coming weekend on our own (with Silas) to take advantage of her gorgeous home again.  Unfortunately, T cannot join us.  She's such a dear friend to share such an amazing place without question.  So, we'll drink all her liquor, sleep in her personal cottage right outside of the main house, and run naked down the street while singing Tiny Tim songs ... just so the neighbors know what she's truly like!  You ARE the friends you keep, right?  
  Seriously, thank  you so much T for sharing your world with us ... AS USUAL.  It was gorgeous.
  I got my right booby expanded  yesterday.  The radiated side.  The left side is so huge that they're trying to make the radiated side catch up.  I don't know if any of you have had radiation.  But, it rocks your world.  Well, not your world, but ALL the tissue (skin, muscle, etc) that it targets.  So, my skin and muscle feel like granite.  It's bizarre.  The "fills" have been pretty uncomfortable up to date.  But, yesterday took the cake.  By 9:00pm I was wanting to cut my own armpit off.  The radiation doesn't allow the expander to expand the chest too quickly, so that damned thing pushed on and then into my armpit.  That armpit has had all the nodes removed AND was scraped to get scar tissue out recently.  So, it has a propensity to be sensitive anyway.  I now know what it feels like to survive having 200 bottle-rockets shot into your armpit.  In a word:  SHITTY.   After a VERY sleepless night and a busy-ish day at work, I'm feeling a bit better.
  I have an audition for Even Cowgirls Get the Blues tomorrow.  I doubt that it's gonna work out, as I'm just so slammed.  I told the stage manager this when she called to schedule my audition.  Probably not something a professional actress should  say to a well-renowned Equity theatre.  I just said, "you know, I'm really busy and I don't know if this is the right time.  The director might do best spending his time on people that really want and can definitely do this/these roles. "  They want me to read for 2 of the lead cowgirls.  She was adamant that the director ("R", a wonderful guy) knows how tight my time was, but he really wanted to see me.  So, we'll see.  I sort of hope that it doesn't work out.   NOT that I don't love what they have created with this amazing script.  He and his wife are amazing people.  They have adapted the book into an amazing play.  Plus, they slay me ... they're just as bold and brash as Kevin and myself.  But, having to make the schedule work with my work schedule, treatments, and family might  be WAY too much.  I don't want to stress THEM or MY FAMLY out.  On the other hand, it's great to get back into the theatre ... even just for a  moment.  The smell is just as haunting as the ocean to me.  It's home.  I'll keep you a-"breast".  All puns intended!
   
Enjoy the pics ...
Rocket Pit!
  


1 comment:

angi said...

Hey shuger,
Sounds like ya'll had a blast! Hope your pit feels better - love you - great pics!