Sunday, May 18, 2008

Happy Sunday

   We spent last night with friends.  Lovely Seattle night in their back yard surrounded by torches and listening to the sound of their water-fall.  Silas chased Chloe, their dog, around.  Chloe chased Silas, my reason for being, around.  Much wine, much wonderful food, much lovely conversation.  It's great to have 2 couples debating couple things.  I was laughing and laughing at how universal the dynamics are between all couples.
  Today, we spent the morning at Volunteer Park here on Capital Hill.  We threw the football ... I must say that I throw a mean spiral.  Silas picked flowers for us.   He has been known to do that and hand them to strangers.  He's the biggest flirt I've EVER met.  
  I, personally, decided that it was a perfect day to find a 4-leaf clover.  I find them all the time.  As a matter of fact, I've found 4, 5, 6, and 8 leaf clovers.  It's one of my VERY few talents.  I was unsuccessful while we were playing.  However, while walking to the car, and after just telling Kevin that the reason I didn't find them was because I was looking too hard, I passed a patch of clover and BAM ... I saw it.  After kneeling down and picking it, I found two more lucky clovers.  I found two 5-leaf clovers, on top of the huge 4-leaf.  I gave them to a woman and her daughter.  The mom said, "Thanks, I'm flying home today.  I could use good luck."   I do not have good luck.  I thought that had been established throughout most of my adult life.  The lucky clover hasn't necessarily paid off as one might think it would.  At this point, I should be living in Greece with my boys, acting regularly, and owning an amazing salon.  It's bizarre that I'm the one that always finds lucky clover, pennies that are heads-up, ALWAYS wins stuffed animals in "claw-machines" and ends up with some pretty shabby "luck."    However, I have ended up with the most amazing family, friends, and work situation imaginable.  
  I'm an asshole.  I've joked about my luck all these years.  I thought it was ironic and silly ... the dichotomy of all these clovers and pennies and stuffed animals, whilst the other crap was there.  But, I have this amazing world.  I have the most, absolutely, amazing people in my life.  I DO have good luck.  If you count my friends and family and clients and health-care peeps, you could NEVER have the luck I do.  You could win 20 million dollars in the lottery, and you will still be less fortunate for me.  I've got riches that you could not even imagine.  Plus, I'm getting new tits!  HA!
  The day was finished off with my agent/dear friend "T." She's a spit-fire, like me.  We took her dogs and her gardener's dog to the dog park.   Her gardener and I will, one day, run away with one another.  We have talked about it at length.  The only glitch is that he, while sober, isn't necessarily attracted to women.  Anyway, the dogs ran and ran.  We talked and talked.  She's one of the reasons that I am so damned lucky.   She will, forever, be one of the most dear people to me.  Look at that!  I AM lucky!
  Tomorrow is Monday.  Sleep well or drink yourself into a stupor.



No comments: