Monday, May 19, 2008

$$$ ... IRS, I'm coming for you!


  The IRS sucks.  How is it that they can enforce a deadline for our paying taxes, when they are given absolutely NO deadline in sending us our tax returns.  This money is ours, after all.  It's simply ridiculous.  I've been banking on getting my return to make up for the time (a month) that I was off of work.  No such luck.  I file in February.  I'm anal like that.  
  Another question.  What are they doing in hospitals that make it so amazingly expensive?  I got a statement from my insurance company.  It's for my most recent surgery.  And, it only includes the hospital ... JUST THE HOSPITAL.  This doesn't include my TWO surgeons, my anesthesiologist, their staff, my prescriptions, the pathologist's fee, etc.  The bill was ... are you ready ... the bill was $65,000.00!   Just from the hospital - the facility.  What in the name of sweet Axl Rose happened in there??   I sure hope I find out one day that I got a face lift, ass implants, lip injections, a major bikini waxing, a micro-chip (in case I get lost), a couple strippers, career counseling, and signed up for "Match.com"  ... on top of all the booby nonsense.  What in hell?!    I don't mind large quantities of cash going to research and education.  I don't mind having to pay quite a bit for a surgery that was fairly intensive.  But, $65,000.00 is mind-blowing.  My previous biopsies, surgeries, chemo treatments, radiations, Herceptin treatments, and MUCH more has added up to around $300,000.00.  That's alot.  But, considering that that had added up over a long time, it's bizarre to me that this recent surgery and hospital stay will end up costing nearly 1/3rd  of what I've been billed thus far.   Craziness, I say.  What do I care?   Insurance pays most of it.   It's just the deductibles and such that add up and add up and add up.
  My nerves are shot!  Now I have to have a glass of wine to settle myself!  Thanks a lot!  No, really, thanks alot.

No comments: