Monday, May 12, 2008

Monday ...

  Greetings avid readers.  I cannot believe that the 3 of you are still around.
  Worked today.  Busy day.  Home tonight and am settling in for the evening.
  Recently, a huge drama was stirred up on a website of which I am a member.  It's for young breast cancer survivors.  It's full of such an amazing group of young women that are busy raising children, working hard, raising awareness, fighting this disease, healthy, not so healthy, all beautiful, and many needing to voice their great opinions. 
  A young woman, and new voice, on this site made a great post.  She headed her topic, "There is a God!"  She went on to post that she had wonderful news about her pathology and that she was simply thrilled to share that with the us.  She added that she wanted to find a way to help others out and wanted to find ways to volunteer and do that.  No sooner had she done that than another member posts a long and, in my eyes, selfish post.  The other member began her post with congratulations and referred her to organizations where the original poster might be needed.  That was great.
  Then, the other poster went on to "gently" scorn the poor gal for using the phrase "there is a God."  She, speaking to the original poster like she was a frickin' 5 year old, began this entire rant about how offended she was that this poor girl stated the afore mentioned phrase.  She was offended, apparently, as she was diagnosed at a later stage.  She thought that this person shouldn't have made a comment - that we all know is just a figure of speech - because it alienated people that didn't have such good news and it referenced their NOT having God on their side.  WAS SHE SMOKING SOME ILLEGAL SUBSTANCE AT SAID TIME?  The self-righteous poster decided that, in viewing our happy gal's comments, that she was crapping on those that didn't have quite that good of a prognosis.  It was an unbelievably selfish post that took the wind out of a that happy lady's sails.  I was just as kicked in the gut by that passive aggressive post as the person that instigated the passive aggressive post.  BOLLUCKS.
  I was diagnosed at a LATER stage than said selfish poster.  I was not offended by our happy gal.  I guess I don't have as much time on my hands to sit around a think about how I can turn other people's comments around to satisfy my personal agendas.  I guess that not everything has to end up being about me and my strife.  It's life.  It sucks.  We all deal with some personal tragedy.  No one likes it.  And, mine is no worse than most others.  Set yourself straight lady.  Get out of your head and look into your HEART.
  It's shameful and filthy to try to set yourself above someone that feels higher than the clouds at such wonderful news.  Screw semantics.  It's a figure of speech.  Guess the next time that I say "I'll be damned if I shop at *$#@ store again", I'll have to watch out ... God might strike my ass down if I back down and end up going there when there's a sale!
  Now, I'm climbing off the soap box and going to bed.
    

1 comment:

dgentry said...

Hey Miss Anna!
Saving the world before bedtime??? You never cease to amaze me girl! Congrats to the gal with the good news, and "bite me" to the hyper-sensitive drama queen. I'm proud of you for your selfless support of all the women who have been afflicted with this damnable disease. You are absolutely right...this is no stupid contest. Celebrate ANY piece of good news and comfort those who need a hug. There will unfortunately always be someone somewhere that is worse off than you, and if she doesn't believe that, have her walk through the cancer ward at Children's Hospital like I have. "God" didn't do that and I have a hunch he doesn't "love" them any less than a healthy child.

Keep doing what you're doing, fight the fight, you dynamic, beautiful, inspirational she-ro of mine!! (Not to mention the mother of my grand-darling!) Love you, love you, love you!
Debbi