Friday, May 16, 2008

YO!



  Home again, home again, jiggity jig ...  Sorry.  My mama always sang that.  
  It's been such a gorgeous day here.  We've been partying at the beach all day long.
  The day started out wonderfully.  My Mo (Mosey is his nickname, as that's what he does at the most inopportune times) and I had a big day planned ... at the beach.
  I've been leaving his diaper off in the AMs, so that he will poop on the potty.  If you are easily offended or vomit over body functions, you should leave here NOW.  I mean it.  Oh, and by the way, you're a pussy.  But, this morning, he wasn't going for it.  So, I just put the diaper back on.
  In any case, I was on the phone with a girlfriend "E" who called to let me know that she is just now coming out of the woods after the most shitty chemo regime EVER.  She's been throwing up for 5 days.  Probably EVERY 2 minutes.   The poor thing had to go to the SCCA to get radiation EVERY day, while she was doing this.  She's done.  I'm so happy!  I've been so upset for her.  Who has the time and heart to deal with this cancer stuff when you are raising 2 kids?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Thank God she has family to help out. 
   In any case, we were on the phone chatting and Silas comes to me and says "Poo poo in potty!"  I said, "What, Honey?"  He took me by the hand to the bathroom and showed me the cutest little poo you've ever seen.  I felt bad, as I was on the phone whilst he was pushing and pushing to get that poo out, so that he could get a surprise.  I hung up the phone and danced and hugged him and kissed him  and then ... and then ...I said, "Honey, where's your diaper?"  I realized that he had taken his diaper off.  Then, I started thinking. 
  I told him earlier, "as soon as I see poo poo in that potty, you're gonna get a surprise."  Damnit, my kid is brilliant.  I went to the garbage can and pulled out the diaper.  It had the tell-tale sign - SKIDMARKS.  My amazing boy poo pooed in his diaper, while I was on the phone.  He, then, took his own diaper off, dumped the poo in the toilet and threw the diaper in the trash can.  I was wondering why there were stains all over the toilet seat.  He was jonesing for some surprise!
  I had to give him that surprise, as he did what he had been told.  I've got my hands full.
  We, then, went to the beach.  Went out to Golden Gardens.  I use to live next to Golden Gardens when I lived on my boat.  I miss living out there.  I had the most amazing few summers there.  Lots of parties, lots of friends and dates,  lots of cocktails, lots of sea lions, lots of cook outs, lots of sunsets over the Olympic Mountains, lots of music, lots of kisses and "such" with a handsome neighbor that helped me fix up my rickety boat.  It is a beautiful place to be a "live-aboard."
  We had the BEST time at the beach with Heather and Marco.  Kids and parents abounded.  Crows followed us like they were our nannies, as there was so much left-over kibbles in the sand.  By the time we got home, Silas was still wired, but exhausted.  You see him in the pic.  Wanted to sleep in Mama's bed.
  It was lovely.  Simply lovely.  I was back at Shilshole, back at Golden Gardens.  I was back at the beach.  I forgot how much I feel at home there.  I spent a day back home ... warm, comforting, laughs, food, and naked kids everywhere.  Sweet stuff.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

That story made me laugh so hard!!

Silas is certainly keeping you on your toes, but at least he's funny and imaginative, and snuggly and adorable. What a cutie-pie!

dgentry said...

Hey Darlin"!
Tell Silas that Grandad thinks he is VERY SMART!!!! He's clever like a fox all right! Love the picture of Silas and Mimi too....so precious is that baby to me. Love you, love you, love you! Debbi