Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Day as white trash ...


Good evening, my friends and minions.  
I have sidled up to the lap-top with a bowl of clam-chowder and a glass of saki.  That's a menu for a Queen, eh?  Who in the hell eats like that?  Well ........  me.  My son has inherited my love of ketchup, ranch dressing, and all things inappropriately mixed together.  YEAH!  HE GOT MY REDNECK GENE!! Bless his heart ...
Again, a great day.  We spent the morning bowel training.  That's right.  After the whole diaper dumping deal, I've decided that Silas is gonna go commando while at home.  No smoke and mirrors whilst learning how to poo poo on the potty.  After several hours of this, HE DID IT!!!!!  That's right dear readers.  He pooed on his own.  Now, I wasn't actually IN the bathroom, so I'm not certain that he put it in the potty with his own hands or what.  But, baby steps.
  He got a piece of chocolate for his deed.  I realized how ironic it was to give him a Hershey's Kiss after he, himself,  produced one on command.  Plus, it's really hard to figure out which smears on EVERYTHING are poo and what are actual chocolate.
  I've already apologized for the graphic content on this blog.  So, if you're still reading and are disgusted, GOOD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  I hope you just nailed your computer with your dinner.  I'm a mamma.  I talk body functions.
  The rest of the day was spent at the aquarium ... this time I didn't have to defend why my lesbian partner wasn't there.  We have a membership, after all!  If you don't understand that, read earlier posts.  We also had a bite to eat at the market.
  Our Komen 3-day walk benefit is shaping up to be a huge show.  Not only do we have Kevin's old band Trepan playing AND The Second Academy, but Countrycide just said they are IN!  Yeah!!!!  They are a great alt-country band that plays at the Tractor Tavern regularly.  I could not be more thrilled about being able to put this show together and have these wonderful bands donate their time, talent, and equipment to the cause.  Thanks to all that are being so generous to help us out.  That includes Bob at Heaven!  Come see it on June 26th at Heaven (the old CAT WALK).  It's for a wonderful cause.  The team will divide the money and it will go to each of our personal 3-day accounts.   Another portion of the money being raised (probably inside the door) is for Jacqueline and Angi.  They are our dear friend/sister-cousin that are flying up to do the walk with us.  We want to try to help out with some of their expenses, as they both have plane fare and children to deal with.  Bring your checkbooks, cash, or children to donate.  It's going to be great.
  Oh, and I should mention Travis.  I've mentioned him before.  But, when he heard that I wrote about him, he was giddy.  So, Travis:  Your uterus may be bigger than mine, but I KNOW my balls are bigger than yours.  UM-KAY?????  LOVE YOU.
  Okay, off to finish the sake and make sure Silas isn't playing with Hershey's Kisses!
  

No comments: