Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Laugh...

  This is too funny NOT to share with all 2 of you dedicated readers.  Thanks again Mama and Dad.  
  So, I just received an e-mail from an old friend from The College of Charleston, my alma mater.  He contacted me to check in and see what I was up to.  Needless to say, I'm thinking that he needs to contact ol' Dionne Warwick over at the "Psychic Friends Network" and see if they are hiring:

   "Crazy as Hell Anna Warren.  Since you're still alive, you either had a few close calls
     and got lucky or you calmed down.  LOL.  I would be willing to bet you had a few close
     calls and you are still as insane as I remember."

   Um ... THAT is hysterical.  This cancer thing keeps getting funnier and funnier!  I was laughing my nuts and bolts off after reading that.  Even more hysterical was his response after I told him how insightful he was and that I didn't have boobs and all.  I could only imagine him sitting at that computer with his jaw on his lap.  Poor thing wrote back about putting his "foot in his mouth."  I assured him that with all of that insight, he should have know I'd be laughing at the situation.  
  I guess I forgot my memories of myself.  I guess not much changes.   Those friends of mine that didn't know me then ... those that know me now ... would probably say the same thing.  I guess I should have seen this coming.  After all, it's in my nature to bob and weave through bad luck, sticky situations, and mild to moderate crises.  At least I've done it with flare.  Just like Liberace.  Only I'm heterosexual AND a woman.
  I should have known that if I looked through the peep-hole, there would stand that dreaded neighbor.  You know, the one that disputes the actual property line between your homes.  The one that wants to take what is wholly yours for himself.  The one that mars and scars your property for naught.  Mr. Cancer, I'm not moving, this is my home.  I don't give a crow's craw what you did to my property line.  As a matter of fact, I'm gonna make it better than before.  I'll build a wall of beautiful roses, and willows, and peonies, and dahlias, and corn (I like corn), and sweet peas, and the beautiful rocks and friends that I've collected, and photos of my family, and cards that strangers have sent me.  That way you'll never forget what's mine is mine.   And I'll never have to see your nasty mug again!   HOLLER!!!!

  

No comments: