Thursday, May 29, 2008

Taking a Dip in the Actors' pool again

  Well, just got back from my audition.  It went so well.   I was amazed how well it went, considering that I've not auditioned for theatre work in about 5 years.  However, my conflicts came up.  The main conflict was THE BREAST CANCER THREE DAY WALK:  September 12, 13, 14.  This is the same weekend of their Tech Rehearsal.  It was a deal breaker!  Thanks, again, cancer for reminding me why you've continually given me the shaft!  You know, my work schedule was not working with their rehearsal schedule either.  However, the director kept saying ... to the 2 artistic directors ... "Well, we can change the rehearsal schedule.  We can make it later.  We can tweak it!"  They just looked at him like was crazy and said, "Um, Nooooo, actually, we cannot."  I told them that I absolutely understood and I absolutely agreed  that the schedule wasn't going to work.  I told them that I was just glad to get some practice in.  This is all true.  It was great to be back in there doing what love doing.  Felt GREAT!
  As I was leaving, the director said, "You know Anna, you gave the best audition we've seen for this character.  I mean that."  BAM ... KNIFE TO THE HEART!  Considering tonight is the last night of auditions and I was at the end of the list, that meant a lot.  He fought to change an entire rehearsal schedule for me AND MY CHARACTER WASN'T THE ACTUAL LEAD.  What a sweet guy.  What a great group the whole company is.  They are wonderful.  I loved auditioning for them.  It was a treat.  I just hated to waste their time.
  We're off to the beach tomorrow.  We're heading out there as a family...and with Otis, my newly adopted dog.  Well, he doesn't live with me.  But, after last weekend's love-fest, Topo agrees that he would have a ball going out there with me and Kevin and Silas.  So, I was able to talk her out of her beach house AND her dog for the weekend.  SUCKER!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

dgentry said...

Hey darlin',
Stupid stuff may have gotten in the way, but YOU STILL GOT IT!!!!! After all this junk is over, your award-winning performance will be out there! Hugs to you all!!!!!
Love you, love you, love you!
Debbi

Unknown said...

Hey Starlette ~

I'm just gonna have to write you a one-woman-rock-the-house-show with rehearsal conflicts not an issue. It'll be full of strength and fun and daring and great jokes as only you can play them! It'll bring down the house...

Have a great weekend at the beach. I've been loving your blog, keep it up!

(Lee and Sofia said they had the pleasure of running into you and Silas at Bainbridge Battlepoint Park the other week. Wish Margaux and I had been along!)

I'll be in to see ya at the office soon.

Love, Kate